Tuesday, July 24, 2007
To 'Miss' or 'Not Miss!'
Things that I will not miss about México:
1. Cold showers and warm drinking water!
2. Brushing my teeth with a cup of water.
3. Not being able to flush the toilet paper. Enough said about that one.
4. Canons going off at all hours of the day and night. Yes, canons.
5. Instant coffee with coffee creamer instead of real cream!
6. Hot Dogs.
7. Tortillas. I think I've had one too many!
Things that I will miss about México:
1. Being greeted with a kiss by those beautiful Méxican ladies every Sunday in church.
2. Having the opportunity to pray for these wonderful Méxican people who have so much faith.
3. Singing worship songs in Spanish.
4. Having five year old Megan lean over for no reason at all and kiss me on the cheek and say "I love you!"
5. Walking the beautiful streets of Zacatecas.
6. Shopping on the beautiful streets of Zacatecas!
7. Sitting at the top of the mountain, watching the clouds drift by below me, and the eagles soaring over my head above me.
8. Tamales from the street vendor in Zacatecas.
9. My beautiful friends, Zayra, Edith, Paco & Martha
10.Watching the compassion and the power of God change people's lives right in front of me. (Hopefully I won't have to miss that when I get back to Canada.)