Saturday, May 1, 2010

Adventure


I just purchased a copy of James Goll's new book called "Adventures In The Prophetic" and this is what it says:
"What a wide vista of experience is on the other side of the safe and familiar path.  To have an adventure, you must break through an invisible membrane of the familiar into someplace that previously made you uncomfortable.  You pass through constraints constructed in your past and you carve a path for your future.
Adventure (noun) - an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity.  A daring and exciting activity calling for enthusiasm.
Adventure (verb) - to engage in hazardous and exciting activity, especially the exploratioin of unknown territory. 
My late wife, Michal Ann, often used to wear a black "No Fear" baseball cap when she ministered.  On the inside of the rim of the cap it read, "Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams."  Yes, that is it!  Push past your fears so you, too, can live an adventurous life."

I'm about to embark on an adventure of my own soon, and these were just the words I needed to hear today.  Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Frances said...

Hi Kel ... How exciting that you are preparing for an adventure. I can't wait to hear more about it. Thank you for sharing the words from this book. And thank you for having Bren pass along your message about your visits to my photo blog. I have your blog linked on my GentleTouches site so I am able to keep track of when you have posted something new. Hope this new week is beginning beautifully for you .... Hugs, Frances

CountryDreaming said...

Wishing you all the best success on your upcoming adventure. Thanks for the inspirational words!