Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ocean View In Macro

I had a chance to go to the ocean for a couple of hours on my last day of vacation, and it was absolutely wonderful.  





This time I got lost in the close up detail of the life that was going on all around me in the waves, rocks and sand at my feet. The area of space that I covered was not very big, but I was amazed at everything that was there when I took the time to look up close. Makes me wonder how much we miss in a day because we fail to appreciate the micro moments.












 These pictures were taken with the standard kit lens that comes with the Nikon D80 camera and I must say it does a pretty good job at macro photography.


I enjoyed my little snail buddy.  I have all kinds of shells that I have collected over the years, but I have never observed a live one up this close.  Amazing!






















5 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

These close up shots of rock and sand and creatures is the stuff abstracts get started from. Love these, great job, the clarity is amazing on such micro shots.

jgr said...

Awesome pictures! the snails are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

love the micro shots sis
Lov Doreen

Francois said...

Isn't it amazing what one can discover when we take the time to slow down even a wee bit.
Our senses are so under-utilized.

Kel said...

nice to meet you via Bren . . .

your macro shots here remind me how using the camera can be such a contemplative practice

allowing us a tool to slow down and focus on small moments in time and beauty

loved this walk along the seashore with you this morning